LegalShield, formerly known as Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc., has been around since 1972. It was founded by Harland Stonecipher in Ada, Oklahoma, USA. The company provides legal services to its members through a network of provider law firms for a monthly fee. LegalShield currently serves over 1.75 million families across the United States and Canada…
how Does LegalShield Work?
LegalShield is a subscription-based legal service that provides its members with access to legal assistance and advice from a network of experienced lawyers. Here’s how it works:
- Membership: To use LegalShield’s services, you must first become a member by subscribing to one of their plans, which range from individual to family plans.
- Legal Assistance: Once you become a member, you can access legal assistance by contacting LegalShield’s member support center or by using their mobile app. You will be connected with a lawyer from a network of pre-selected law firms who specialize in the area of law related to your specific legal issue.
- Legal Advice: You can receive legal advice and guidance from your assigned lawyer over the phone, through email, or in person, depending on your specific plan.
- Legal Document Review: LegalShield’s lawyers can review and provide feedback on legal documents, such as contracts and leases, to ensure that your rights are protected and the terms are fair.
- Legal Representation: If your legal issue requires representation, your assigned lawyer can represent you in court, arbitration, or mediation proceedings, depending on your specific plan.
- Additional Services: Depending on your plan, LegalShield may offer additional services, such as identity theft protection and credit monitoring.
LegalShield’s goal is to make legal services affordable and accessible to everyone, and they do this by providing their members with legal assistance and advice at a fixed monthly fee, without the need for expensive retainers or hourly rates…
legal shield insurance
LegalShield is not an insurance company, but rather a subscription-based legal service. Unlike insurance, LegalShield provides its members with legal assistance and advice for a fixed monthly fee, rather than providing coverage for specific legal events.
While LegalShield does not provide insurance, they do offer additional services such as Identity Theft Protection, which can help protect members against identity theft and fraud. This service includes credit monitoring, alerts, and full restoration services in the event of identity theft.
It’s important to note that LegalShield is not a replacement for insurance, and it is not designed to cover all legal issues. LegalShield provides legal services for a wide range of legal matters, but some issues may not be covered, such as criminal cases or complex litigation. If you have specific legal needs, it’s always best to consult with an attorney or insurance provider to determine the best course of action…
prepaid legal services
Prepaid Legal Services, now known as LegalShield, is a subscription-based legal service that provides its members with access to legal assistance and advice from a network of experienced lawyers. The company was founded in 1972 by Harland Stonecipher in Ada, Oklahoma, USA, with the goal of making legal services affordable and accessible to everyone.
Under the prepaid legal services model, members pay a fixed monthly fee to have access to legal services, rather than paying hourly rates or expensive retainers. Members can access legal assistance by contacting LegalShield’s member support center or by using their mobile app. They will be connected with a lawyer from a network of pre-selected law firms who specialize in the area of law related to their specific legal issue.
LegalShield provides legal services for a wide range of legal matters, such as estate planning, family law, and small business law. Members can receive legal advice and guidance, legal document review, and legal representation in court or arbitration proceedings, depending on their specific plan.
Overall, prepaid legal services like LegalShield aim to provide affordable legal services and make legal assistance accessible to a wider range of people, regardless of their financial situation…